What is an Inguinal Hernia?
An inguinal hernia is a type of hernia that occurs when a part of the intestine or other tissue bulges through a weak spot in the lower abdominal muscles, near the groin area. It is more common in men than women and can develop at any age.
Symptoms of Inguinal Hernia
The symptoms this type of hernia can include:
- A bulge or swelling in the groin area that may become more noticeable when coughing or straining
- Pain or discomfort in the groin area, especially when lifting heavy objects or bending over
- A feeling of pressure or heaviness in the groin area
- Weakness or aching in the groin area
- Swelling or enlargement of the scrotum (in men)
- A dragging or burning sensation in the groin area
The most common treatment for an inguinal hernia is surgery. There are three main types of surgical procedures used to repair an inguinal hernia:
- Robotic Surgery
- Laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair
- Open inguinal hernia repair
Your doctor will help you decide which type of surgery is best for you based on factors such as the size and location of the hernia, your overall health, and your personal preferences.
Why Choose Us for Your Hernia Surgery?
At Surgical Associates of Houston, we have extensive experience in treating all kind of hernias and are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality care. When you choose us for your inguinal hernia surgery, you can expect:
- Expert care from a skilled surgical team led by Dr. Zhen Fan
- State-of-the-art surgical techniques and technology
- Personalized treatment tailored to your individual needs
- Compassionate support and guidance throughout your recovery
We are located at multiple convenient locations in Houston, Texas. To book an appointment please click here.
Currently, we are offering free screening with eligible insurances. Request a consultation now to know more.