What is an Incisional Hernia?
An incisional hernia is a type of hernia that occurs when tissue or an organ protrudes through a weakened area in the abdominal muscles that develops after a previous abdominal surgery. Incisional hernias can occur months or even years after the initial surgery.
Symptoms of Incisional Hernia
The symptoms of an incisional hernia can include:
- A bulge or swelling around the area of the previous surgical incision
- Pain or discomfort in the affected area, especially when lifting heavy objects or bending over
- A feeling of pressure or fullness in the abdomen
- Nausea or vomiting (if the hernia becomes obstructed or strangulated)
Treatment Options for Incisional Hernia
Surgery is usually necessary to repair an incisional hernia. The most common surgical procedures used to repair incisional hernias are:
- Robotic Surgery
- Open incisional hernia repair
- Laparoscopic incisional hernia repair
Your doctor will help you decide which surgical procedure is best for you based on the size and location of the hernia, your overall health, and your personal preferences.
Why Choose Us for Your Incisional Hernia Surgery?
At Surgical Associates of Houston, we specialize in the surgical treatment of incisional hernias and are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality care. When you choose us for your incisional hernia surgery, you can expect:
- Expert care from a skilled surgical team led by Dr. Zhen Fan
- State-of-the-art surgical techniques and technology
- Personalized treatment tailored to your individual needs
- Compassionate support and guidance throughout your recovery